07-10-2017 Board of Selectmen
Call to Order
1. Open Mic
George Simolaris - Questions regarding firefighter investigation
Steve Wetzel - Dudley Road repaving
2. Vacancies on Boards and Committees
ArtsCouncil - 1 Member
Cabot Land Use Committee - 5 Members
Open Space and Recreation - 1 Member
Scholarship Foundation Committee - 7 Members
Water Sewer Oversight Board - 5 Members
3. Special Election Update Message from Town Clerk
The Town will be holding a Special Election on July 25, to fill the vacancy left after Senator Ken Donnelly's passing.
4. All other announcements may be viewed on the Town of Billerica Website - Selectmen's page
5. June 5,2017
The minutes of the June 5, 2017, meeting were approved as amended.
6. 7:15 - National Grid and Verizon Re: Clermore Street
The Board of Selectmen voted to approve National Grid’s Proposal of a new pole 7 to feed new homes at 3 & 5 Clermore Street. Location approximately as shown on the plan attached.
TM Note - Will follow up with Verizon regarding double pole issues
7. 7:20 - Request for a Class II Licenses
The Board of Selectmen voted to grant Robert C. Delaney, d/b/a JJR Classic Car, 98 Billerica AV, Billerica, MA 01862, a Class II License
8. Town Manager Report See attached sheet for full report
9. Old Business
The Board of Selectmen granted multiple One Day Beer and Wine License Requests for KHD, Inc., d/b/a High Octane Harley Davidson, One Chelmsford Road
(10 approved on April 24, 2017, Four approved on June 19th, eight in this request, eight left for the calendar year.)
Thursday, August 10, 2017, 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 24, 2017, 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 26, 2017 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 7, 2017, 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 9, 2017 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 21, 2017, 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
10. Appointments - Board of Selectmen
The Board of Selectmen appointed Sandra Giroux and Donna Fitzgerald to the Cabot Land Use Committee.
11. Forget-Me-Not Drive
The Board of Selectmen voted to grant the DAV Billerica Chapter 47, permission to conduct a Forget-Me-Not Drive on Friday and Saturday, September 8th and 9th, 2017
12. Extension of Hours - Tilted Kilt The Board granted the request of the Tilted Kilt, 15 Middlesex Turnpike, for an extension of hours until 2AM for the dates of July 29, August 26, and September 30.
13. Permission to Place six 15x22 signs on the Town Common
The Board of Selectmen voted to authorize four (4) signs on the Billerica Town Common to promote the Yankee Doodle Book Sale for the period of September 11 through September 17th 2017.
TM Note - The Board has a policy to only allow four sings on the common
14. Common Victualler License - Mooyah Burgers and Fries
The Board of Selectmen voted to authorize a Common Victualler to D&D Burgers, LLC d/b/a Mooyah Burgers and Fries 199 Boston Road, Unit #8 for the hours of 11AM - 9PM.
15. Request for a One Day Entertainment License - 99 Restaurant
The Board voted to authorize the request of the Ninety Nine Restaurant, 672 Boston Road, for a one-day weekday entertainment license for live Guitar music on Thursday, July 20, 2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM.