08-14-2017 Board of Selectmen
Due to the length of our meeting, BATV could not film the whole session. The second part of the meeting can be accessed on our Facebook.
Call to Order
1. Open Mic
Dave Johnson - Medical Marijuana
Anne Nowell - Possibility of holding a vigil
Chris Triden - Thanked the BOS
Mathew Mixon - Multiple topics (Cabot Land, Sidewalks)
Darlene Torre - Safety regarding holding a vigil
2. Vacancies on Boards and Committees
-Arts Council: 1 Member
- Cabot Land Use Committee: 3 Members
- Open Space and Rec: 1 Member
-Scholarship Foundation Committee: 6 Members
-Traffic Management Committee: 1 Member
-Water Sewer Oversight Board: 3 Members
3. All other announcements may be viewed on the Town of Billerica Website - Selectmen's page
4. Cindy Friedman, Massachusetts State Senator, Fourth Middlesex District
Thank you, Senator Friedman for joining us!
5. Social Media Update
Clancy Main, Management Analyst for the Town gave a brief update on the social media accounts, new GIS features, online employment application, the agenda center, and the Town Manager Blog.
Selectmen Rosa asked for the Board to look into the idea of a policy regarding posting private citizens information on the website. Rosa also had a great idea to promote and publicize any events that are approved for signs on the common by the BOS on our pages.
Please like and follow our pages!
6. June 19,2017
The minutes of the June 19, 2017, meeting were approved.
7. July 10,2017
The minutes of the July 10, 2017, meeting were approved.
8. 7:15 - Azar Realty, LLC, RE: An increase of Flammable Liquids from 10,000 to 20,000 gallons at 741 Boston Road Billerica
The Board of Selectmen voted to approve Azar Realty, LLC, request.
9. Town Manager Report - Attached Here
10. Town Manager Review -
Begins at 1:37:00 BOS Meeting
11. Special Speed Regulation - Marshall and Eliot Street
The Board of Selectmen approved the regulations
12. Amend Kent Fund Scholarships
The Board of Selectmen voted to approve 16 scholarships of $500.
13. Take Action on the Recommendations from Traffic Management Committee
The Board of Selectmen accepted the recommendations from the Traffic Management Committee.
14. Appointments - Board of Selectmen
The Board of Selectmen approved the list of Election Workers 5-0.
The Board received eight applications for three openings on the Cabot Land Use Committee. Results are listed below:
Justin Damon 2 - 3
Dan Burns 5 - 0
John Burrows 5-0
Deedee Dorrington 2 - 3
Rich Scanlon 1-4
Donald Damon 2 - 3
TJ Karis 2 - 3
Mike Riley 5 - 0
Scholarship Foundation Committee
The Board approved Thomas Considine as a member of the Scholarship Foundation Committee.
Open Space and Recreation Committee & Water / Sewer Oversight Committee
The Board of Selectmen approved Patrick Burns for an opening on the Open Space and Recreation Committee,
and the Water / Sewer Oversight Committee.
15. Massachusetts Elks Veterans Run Permission to place four (4) 18x24 signs on the Town Common from August 15 to August 27, 2017
The Board of Selectmen approved the request. More information is attached here.
16. Dudley Road - Referral to Traffic Management Committee and Traffic Calming Discussion
The Board of Selectmen voted to refer the matter to the Traffic Management Committee.
17. Discussion on Open Microphone Policy
Open Microphone Policy First Reading
18. Hidden Oaks, Consent of Municipality For Grant of Easement
The Board of Selectmen voted to grant the easement. Supporting documents are attached.
19. Billerica Order of Moose, #2648, 104 Boston Road, Billerica, MA, Change of Manager
The Board of Selectmen approved the motion for a change of manager.
20. The Salvation Army of Lowell Bike Event, September 9, 2017 to begin and end at the Marriott Hotel on Concord Road
The Board of Selectmen approved the Bike Route.
21. Billerica Access Television, RE: Use of the Town Common Saturday, October 14, 2017 from 10:00AM to 5:00 PM for Family Friendly Public Event
The Board of Selectmen approved the use of the Town Common on the dates listed above.
22. Billerica Blast Committee, Re: Request to place four (4) signs on the Town Common to advertise the Comedy Show Fundraiser at the Billerica Elks from September 18, 2017 through September 30, 2017
The Board of Selectmen approved the request to place four signs on the Town Common on the dates listed above.
23. Four Paws in Action, Re: Permission to place four (4) Lawn Signs on the Town Common from September 11, 2017 - September 17, 2017 to promote their activities for Yankee Doodle Weekend
The Board of Selectmen approved the request
to place four signs on the Town Common on the dates listed above.
24. Update on Boston Road Paving Situation
The DPW Director will be invited to a future meeting for an update on multiple road projects. 25. MBTA Discussion RE: Wireless Monopoles
The MBTA will be invited to a future meeting regarding the Monopoles.
26. Discussion on Hiring Policy
The BOS asked for clarification on input into hiring decisions made by the Town.
27. CPA Applications
The BOS took no action on the Town Manager's recommendation. The CPC is still working on an application process and will keep the BOS updated on their progress.
28. Preliminary Warrant Articles
Warrant will be attached in the next few days.
Meeting Schedule 9/11 & 9/25 10/2 & 10/16