WATER RESTRICTION FOR 2018*
Beginning MAY 1 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2018
NONESSENTIAL OUTDOOR WATER USE BANNED
FROM 9:00 AM TO 5:00PM DAILY
*Please be aware these restrictions may change if Drought conditions are declared by the State.
If you have an automatic irrigation system be sure to program the system in accordance with the water restriction. If you have any questions, please contact the Water Division at 978-671-0957.
Nonessential outdoor water uses that ARE SUBJECT to mandatory restrictions include:
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
- Washing of vehicles, except in a commercial car wash or as necessary for operator safety;
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply surface treatments such as paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
The following uses may be ALLOWED when mandatory restrictions are in place;
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn and new plantings during the months of May and September;
- Irrigation of public parks and recreational fields by means of automatic sprinklers outside the hours of 9 am to 5 pm; and
- Irrigation of lawns, gardens, flowers, and ornamental plants by means of a hand held hose.
Water uses NOT SUBJECT to mandatory restrictions are those required:
- For health or safety reasons;
- By regulation;
- For the production of food and fiber;
- For the maintenance of livestock; or
- To meet the core functions of a business (for example, irrigation by golf courses as necessary to maintain tees, greens, and limited fairway watering, or irrigation by plant nurseries as necessary to maintain stock).