- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Board of Health
- Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurse
The Public Health Nurse functions under the direction of the Board of Health, acts as a valuable resource for information on numerous health issues. The Public Health Nurse also offers general health counseling and referrals to other health professionals.
Our mission is to promote and protect the public health including the physical, mental, emotional and social wellness of all people.
Part Time: 3 Days/week: Monday, Thursday and Friday
Days may vary due to meetings/inspections
Please call ahead for appointments: 978-671-0932 or 0931
Health Topics Update
FREE Health & Wellness Fair - Lowell, MA
Saturday, April 29th from 8:00am - 2:00pm
Click here for all the information and to register online.
Visit the CDC travelers guidance website.
Currently, the Billerica Board of Health has free COVID-19 TEST KITS. Stop in Town Hall Basement for some.
For information regarding Monkeypox, visit:
New app teaches civilians how to ‘Stop the Bleed’
Smoking/Vaping is very BAD for you! There are tools to help you quit. Visit The Truth Initiative to learn more and get the help you need. Read all about the Dangers of Vaping.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE IS SUFFERING FROM AN ADDICTION... LEARN TO COPE!
Also know that Narcotics Anonymous is there to help! Please take a moment and view their New England Region Meeting Directory to see when and where they are.
Questions or Concerns contact: Mike Higgins, Substance Abuse Coordinator for Billerica at 978-671-0943 or email him. You may also call the MA Substance Abuse Help Hotline at 800-327-5050
Public Health Nursing services are offered to better serve the community of Billerica. Emphasis is on community awareness of public health issues along with health promotion and disease prevention. We provide MDPH mandated services of communicable disease investigation and control. We are continuously expanding our role in emergency preparedness and response.
Services by Appointment
Services by appointment (at no cost) include:
- Immunizations by Appointment (state eligibility requirements on some)
- Measles / Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis A - Certain high risk groups (call for more info)
- Hepatitis B - All college students and certain high risk groups (call for more information)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) - must meet eligible state requirements
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (PCV7)
- Shingles (Shingrix Vaccine) - Currently, only able to take Private Insurances ages 50-64; call the Board of Health for more info.
- Flu (yearly clinics advertised in the fall) - home visits available for home-bound.
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Blood Sugar Screening
- Mantoux skin testing for Tuberculosis (high risk only)
- Tuberculosis follow up
- Lead paint screening (age 9 months to 6 years)
- Cholesterol Screening
- Health Fair / Billerica Health and Recreation Fair (as advertised)
- Investigation and control of communicable diseases within the town
- Coordinate records / programs / regulations with school nurses
- Camp / clinic inspections
- Medical Equipment to Borrow - If you or someone you know needs a wheelchair, walker, cane, crutches or special bathroom equipment contact the Board of Health at 978-671-0932.
- B12 injections per MD order