How do I apply for a One Day (Liquor) Special License?
A One Day Special License for the sale of wines and/or malt beverages may be issued to a responsible Manager of any indoor or outdoor activity or enterprise (for profit or non-profit). One Day Special licenses for the sale of all alcoholic beverages may be issued to non-profit organizations only. No person may be granted licenses for more than a total of thirty (30) days per calendar year and no special license will be granted to any person while his/her application for an annual license is pending before the licensing authorities.

No more than one license can be issued for a premise at one time. Therefore, a Special License cannot be issued for use in a licensed premise.

A Certificate of Insurance must accompany any and all requests for a one-day liquor license whether the liquor is going to be sold or given away free. The license fee is $5.00.

Any request for a Special License must be received by the Board of Selectmen no less than ten (10) days prior to the next regularly scheduled Board of Selectmen’s meeting.

Show All Answers

1. How often do the Selectmen hold their meetings?
2. Where are the meetings held?
3. How may I be placed on the Selectmen’s Agenda?
4. Who needs a Common Victualler License?
5. What is the procedure to apply for a common victualler license?
6. How many liquor licenses are available?
7. How do I apply for a One Day (Liquor) Special License?